Royal Marine Hotel & sansanaSPA
Since 1828 a hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. Originally know as Hayes Royal Hotel, William Dargan builder of the Kingstown Railway bought out the Royal Hotel in 1863 and built the Royal Marine Hotel designed by John McCurdy who also designed many other buildings and churches of significance in Ireland during this period.
The old Hayes Royal Hotel was incorporated into the design, but later demolished in the 1960’s. The newly developed Royal Marine first opened its doors for business in 1865 and has been a Dublin institution ever since.The hotel has hosted many Heads of State, Kings, Queens and celebrities including old blues eyes Frank Sinatra.
The Royal Marine closed for extensive re-development in 2004 and re-opened on the 22nd of June 2007 for what will be a new phase in the history of this landmark hotel.